Woke up before the alarm and went out with the dog. It is her birthday today. She turned 5. She is the best dog in the world. She actually smelled the cancer in me a few weeks before I found out. She had changed her behaviour towards me and I even joked to my husband that something was up because she was so different towards me. Amazing what a keen sense of smell dogs have! Apparently cancer gives off a smell that the dogs can detect. Anyway, Sophie is the best dog ever and fits right in our family.
One of the things I do best is make lists and execute them. Today I checked many things off my mental list and it felt satisfying.
- talked with UK banks about mortgage deals. check
- talked with estate agent about finalizing house purchase check
- talked with solicitor to agree to house contract details check
- emailed the different builders with spec. list check
- talked with relocation firm to agree on moving/packing date check
- made chocolate chip cookies for the chemo nurses for tomorrow check
- helped Marcus make LEGO sugar cookies for school bake sale check
- did some laundry check
Peter is on his way home. I have spent the day busy doing essential things but maybe not all the stuff I should have done. But I can only do so much each day. I need to use my energy wisely. This means that the closer we get to the move, the more I throw out or give away. I want to travel light when we move.
Now it is time to prepare for tomorrow. Surgery to put in the central line and then check
My day was punctuated with many calls, texts and messages from my friends and family saying that they are thinking of me. THANKS It gives me ENERGY. My kids giving hugs and rubbing my Buddha bald head also give me ENERGY.
LOVED. FRIENDS. ENERGY. LIST. CHECK. COOKIES. KICKING CANCER'S ASS.