Thursday, March 13, 2014

SUNSHINE = ENERGY

2014.03.13

Awoke at 6 a.m. and had slept more than 6 hours in a row. Felt good. Peter is in London so I had to get up to get the kids up and ready for school. I had a bit of energy. I had time to chat with a few of my caring friends from around the world. All the kids were ready in time: dressed, teeth brushed, breakfast, clothes on, shoes on and all not necessarily in that order. I got my morning jab and then we hopped into the car and I drove them to the train station so they would get to school on time.

Thanks Col.

I got back and Farmor Eva had already left to take the bus home but she would be back tonight. I had energy and knew it was time to take a walk. Headphones in, Kick Ass Play list on, running shoes on and a brisk pace brought up my pulse a little. It felt good.

Of course, after every walk should always be a little nap or at least laying down on the bed for a few minutes.........

Then I called the doctor's office with a couple of questions. Heartburn will now be solved with a new medication. The blood thinning medicine will be refilled because I still have to take it for a while. I also asked about getting a central line put in so the veins in my arms don't get burned out from all the chemo. The answer back was treatment number 2 will also be done through the arm and then they will decide. The nurse responded back so quickly, she is on the ball.

By then it was 11 a.m. and time for a shower and some hair gel to get the hair to behave. I keep thinking about how it is all going to fall out soon and try to imagine how it will feel. Not sure if I am ready for that feeling yet.

Lunch was a carribbean soup and some flatbreads. A little spicy but......very good. Then I forced myself to watch a little more boring tv. There is really not so many good programs on tv at all, especially during the day. Good for me is that my friends check in on me during the day and this keeps me going and gives me ENERGY.

I always knew it but now it has been confirmed that I am friends with the most amazing people in the world. LUCKY ME.

Flowers arrived from Peter's former job here in Sweden. Beautiful. THANK YOU

The kids start dropping in one by one and shared what they had done today at school. Then Farmor Eva arrives too and will stay with us tonight. Dinner was a Västerbottens Cheese Pie with some salad and my favorite asparagus dish. (again) YUM YUM

Then it was time for an after dinner walk with Annica. We walked for an hour at a pretty good pace. Talking and Walking. We are good. Then a cup of tea to warm up, (I have to try and get into the English way of doing things with tea all the time...) THANKS ANNICA.

Looking forward to sleeping and getting to do some more fun stuff tomorrow..............

LOVED. FRIENDS. KICK CANCER'S ASS. ENERGY. SLEEP. EAT. ENJOY LIFE.



16 comments:

  1. Anonymous13/3/14

    Härlig läsning att du tar så väl hand om dig och din kropp och att familj och vänner 'tar hand om' dig med promenadsällskap och sånt.
    Så viktigt allt sånt runt omkring. Hejar på dig!!!
    Styrkekramar
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Christel, ja, jag får energi precis när jag behöver det.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous13/3/14

    Härligt att du kunnat njuta av det fantastiska vädret idag, solen värmde skönt. Hoppas du får en skön sömn i natt för att ligga sömnlös är ingen hit!
    Du är en inspirerande kvinna och en sann amazon=krigare så kick the ass of your cancer är vad du kommer att göra.
    Massor med kramar från Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hej Teresa, det är samma härliga energi i dina rader du skriver igen
    :):) och vilka fina blommor du fått idag:). Massa kramar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Harry, ja, verkligen fina blommor. kram

      Delete
  4. Vänner är verkligen en rikedom, vilken gåva du har som har så många runt om i världen! Uuuunderbart väder igår och lika underbart ser det ut att bli idag - fredag. Hoppas du sovit gott hela natten och vaknar lika fylld av energi och livslust som igår. Hoppas också ny medicin fixar halsbrännan, viktigt att hela kroppen får sitt även med en eftermiddagslur. Njut av denna dagen Teresa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Eila, ja, denna dag har också varit underbar. halsbrännan är borta. yippee.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous14/3/14

    Dina ord ger mig sån glädje och inspiration! Tack för att du skriver! Njut av en fantastisk dag i solen! Stor stor kram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous14/3/14

    God förmiddag. Dagens visdomsord från boken: "en vis människa gläder sig åt varje stund varje dag". Kram/ irre

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous14/3/14

    Hej! Det låter som att du tar tillfället i akt och njuter när du kan. Härligt. Det finns så mycket att njuta av. / Annika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Annika, Det är det roliga med livet.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous14/3/14

    Du är underbar!!!!
    Kramar SL❤️

    ReplyDelete