Friday, March 21, 2014

"I LOVE LUCY"

2014.03.21

Happy 1st Day of Spring!

It was a windy evening and morning with our wind chime playing incessantly the whole time.
Awoke at 5:30 a.m. after having been awake between 1:30 and 2:00 a.m. so it was time to get up and go out with Sophie. I had a bit of a headache and fixed that with some drugs.

I spent my time in the wee hours chatting with my sister-in-law Nicole. She sent me a copy of the paper my 10 year old nephew Jackson wrote about Bravery. He better get an "A" from his teacher because it was good and it was about all the things that he could do if he was brave. He would start by getting on a plane to come and see me. I am looking forward to that. BRAVE

One of my favorite scenes from I Love Lucy.

After my pills, morning jab and getting the kids off to school, I went for a walk with Annica. It was a brisk walk and we talked and laughed which felt good. THANKS ANNICA. Of course a nap was needed after the walk, especially because I have been sleeping a lot less than I am used to. It was only about an hour but it was what I needed.

Right after lunch it was time for my dad and I to head to the Apple store to try and rescue my external hard drive. They took a look at it and tested it but because it is not an Apple product I have to drop it off at another place tomorrow. We got some food shopping done and came home to find my mom finishing up making two different soups. It was potato soup or a french onion soup that was on the menu.

I read an interesting article today in the USA Today about LAUGHING. Here is an excerpt:
True laughter is unique to humans. Babies begin to smile at two months old and laugh around four months old. Laughter is built in for a reason - it's good for us. The areas of the brain that produce dopamine, endorphins and growth hormone are all stimulated by laughter.
Dopamine is the "happiness" hormone and its release, as anyone who's been rendered hysterical by something really funny can attest, can make you fell euphoric. Laughing also releases stress, eases tension, decreases blood pressure and bolsters the immune system.


My Mom brought me a season of I LOVE LUCY and I have watched some classic episodes today which resulted in a lot of laughing.

Dinner was served when Peter arrived home from London.  FAMILY

It was quite warm today and all the snow from two days ago has melted and is gone. Now the spring flowers are blooming again in the garden and Spring is on its way. 

LOVED. BRAVE. FAMILY. LAUGHING. KICKING CANCER'S ASS.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous21/3/14

    Teresa ... They always say laughter is the best medicine. That, mixed in with lots of love and DRUGS will certainly help you kick cancer's A...
    You go girl. Love you. TerryB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Lucy! LOVED Lucy on the box when I was a kid! Laughter certainly is a good antidote to anything, even raising the corners of one's mouth gives a whiff of the feel-good stuff :) Saturday has woken to another day of brilliant sunshine and blue skies. Enjoy your daily walk and good luck with the rescuing of your external hard drive!! kramkram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous22/3/14

    Stor kram och goda tankar till dig!!
    SL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous22/3/14

    Godkväll. Ja ett skratt förlänger ju livet som ett gammalt ordspråk säger, även innan forskningen kom fram till det. Härligt att du njuter av vårens återkomst! Kram/ irre

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej Teresa, ja, skratta är bra och nyttigt för oss och tack för en bra påminnelse om vad skrattet gör för oss!! Du är så bra!! Kramar

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Lucille Ball! It's been aaaages since I watched her!! A good laugh is really a boost. To many things :-) YOU are a boost as well Teresa, so THANK YOU for that.

    ReplyDelete