Monday, March 24, 2014

Good News......

2014.03.24

What? I got to sleep in until 5:56 a.m. I am lucky. Then it was time to get the day going.

I hopped in the shower and as I started to wash my hair.............yes, it started falling out. My hair is so thick that I have a lot so it was more hair strands than usual that were in my hands. Even though I knew it was coming, this will be a challenge to handle this mentally. I blow dried my hair lightly just to get the damp out. Then when I started to put the styling gel in......my hands had a lot of hair stuck to them. OK, so how long will I hold out until I shave it?????????


I do find it fascinating that the if I grab a chunk of hair and pull gently it comes right out and doesn't hurt at all. The average head has about 100, 000 strands of hair, so it would take me about 16,000 pulls to get my hair out at the rate I was going today.......   (ok, just an unnecessary calculation on my part)


I continued with my morning routine, FB chats and we got the kids to school and went right to the hospital for the lab tests and the doctors appointment. The lab male nurse had no personality at all. He said 5 words during the short process and left a blue mark on my good arm which will be hooked up for chemo tomorrow. (Thank God my chemo nurse is excellent at putting the needle in my arm.)

The appointment with the doctor was about 2 hours after the lab so we hung out in a waiting room. During that time I went through the blog and wrote down all the quotes in my journal so I could have them saved all in one place. It will be comforting to read them tomorrow sitting in that hospital bed. The other thing I did was to deliver the chocolate chip cookies. I went to see the nurse and saw that she was out of the office until next week so I went into the other nurse who had helped us last time. I said Annika, it is your lucky day because Therese is not here. I made her some cookies but you will have to eat them instead. She was overjoyed. Even the doctor wanted a cookie.

The doctor came out and called my name. Peter and I followed him to his office. It was all good news. He liked my t-shirt.


The blood tests were excellent so I am ready for chemo tomorrow. He said the tumor had pretty much disappeared compared to how big it was when we started. And it means that the blood thinning shot every morning can be discontinued after tomorrow mornings shot. YIPPEE. He said I could stop taking another pill. It was confirmed that I have Stage 1a. Which is also good news. I am probably going to only need 6 cycles to get rid of this cancer instead of 8 cycles. Even more good news. So we were relieved. Finally.


We came home happy and ate some leftovers for lunch and then I took care of some of the loose ends with my company before I took a short nap before dinner. Time for dinner and some more leftovers...(thank god we have eaten all of them now). FOOD.

Time then for me, accompanied by my dad, to drive Peter to the airport for his work week in London and drop off the dog at the in-laws before stopping at the supermarket to get some food to make sandwiches for our fun day at the hospital tomorrow.

Now it is try to sleep and be rested for tomorrows event of hanging out in bed getting some drugs pumped into me to kill and kick this cancer's ass.

LOVED. GRATEFUL. RELIEVED. HAPPY. LIFE. KICK CANCER'S ASS


21 comments:

  1. Vilka goda nyheter från läkarbesöket:):) du är en sann fighter och med den andan och energin kommer du att vinna!!!
    Det är inspirerande att läsa din blogg!!
    Massa varma kramar till dig:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Harry- tack! Bra nyheter är alltid skönt. Kram kram

      Delete
  2. Anonymous24/3/14

    So happy to read you had mostly good news today with the blood test and from the doctor. I'm sure tomorrow will be stressful. But just know that you are surrounded by love ... From far and near. Wish I could be there with you to see your wonderful smile in person and to be able to hug you and hold you in my arms. You are always in my heart. Love. TerryB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry - i feel your presence. We will have to stop in and see you on our way to Florida this summer. Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous25/3/14

    Tänker på dig i morgon!
    Stor kram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whohoo! me likes the news from yesterday! AND a sleep-in! now that was a really good Tuesday I say. Wishing you lots of luck today sending in all the soldiers to fight the C buggers!! YOU GO GIRL!! Hugs to ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eila. The soldiers are marching!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous25/3/14

    Underbara nyheter Teresa!!!!
    Och idag tänker jag på dig och håller tummarna för att dagen blir så smidig
    som det är möjligt.
    Styrkekramar
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous25/3/14

    Godmorgon. Vad roligt att höra att du åstadkommit så bra resultat med din attityd! Så häftigt att se!!! Jag har så mycket att lära av dig och jag älskar att läsa dina kloka och energirika inlägg.önskar dig en magisk dag!! Kram/ irre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Irre- Det känns skönt och jag mår bra. KRAM KRAM

      Delete
  7. Anonymous25/3/14

    Vad roligt att läsa, helt underbart!! din kraft är otrolig! Tänker på dig idag!
    Stor kram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous25/3/14

    Wow, amazing about the tumour's shrinkage & fewer cycles!!! That is truly wonderful. Kick it into touch Teresa!!! Graham & Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Graham and Deb - yes, it all feels good right now and I hope it lasts. HUGS

      Delete
  9. Anonymous25/3/14

    Härlig läsning! Stora kramar från Lena O, Lollo och Kicki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej tjejer, tack. Saknar er! KRAM KRAM KRAM

      Delete
  10. Anonymous25/3/14

    Sååååå underbart med de goda nyheterna!!
    Blir så glad för din skull!
    Älskar bilden på dig med den otroligt coola t-shirten!
    Du är bäst!
    Stor kram
    SL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej SL, Jag håller med jag tycker om t-shirten också. KRAM KRAM

      Delete
  11. Erika- good news there can never be enough of. I am an ass kicker that is for sure. KRAM KRAM

    ReplyDelete